My 2017 Reading Resolution

Hello everyone,

2017 is almost over and we keep counting the blessings which it has given us. I hope that this year was very special to you as well!

This post, I would like to speak about books, and more specific the books I've read this year. Unfortunately the list is not very  long, but I still consider it a  progress :). Well,  my Reading Resolution for 2017 did not consist of a list of books that i wanted to read during the year, but of a number of books. Therefore I was free to decide what to read according to my mood. I have to admit that it is  a great idea, I don't like to feel that I MUST read something I don"t like.

So i am not going to  bother you with all the books i have read, I have decided to make a list of the books I enjoyed and from which I could learn something useful.  

1."Vara in care mama a avut ochi verzi"- Tatiana Tibuleac


Image result for "Vara in care mama a avut ochi verzi"- Tatiana Tibuleac citate

It is a book written by a Moldovan writer. I have to be honest, it is not a book for everyone, it is difficult to understand at the beginning due to its incredible analogies and rough language. However, the story that hides behind this language is powerful.

2. "Elevul Dima dintr-a saptea"- Mihail Drumes

It is a lovely  book, which has brought me back to high school adventures. It was easy to read, and I enjoyed every page of it. Once I started reading it I could not stop!

3. "Arsa de vie"- Suad

What an incredible book!!! It illustrates the life  of a girl who was born in Iordania, and all the troubles that she got in just because she was a "woman. While reading  it I've understood how lucky I was to be born in Moldova. So girls, you may want to read this book!

4. "Cuore" - Edmondo De Amicis

I've read this book twice, at different age. And honestly, it seemed different each time. The action takes place in Northern Italy right in the period of its consolidation. The  plot describes the life of a little boy named Enrico and his friends. They  learn about  friendship, patriotism, poverty and sickness at a very  young age. However, the book could be a good life lesson for both children  and adults.

5. "Nunta in cer"- Mircea Eliade

Another book about love! It has an interesting turnover in the end. If you like the style of Eliade, then you should read it! 


6. "Kinderland"-Liliana Corobca

It was exactly how i thought it would be. The story is sad - the parents leave for a different country, looking for a good job, while children stay in Moldova to rise each other up. It is a very painful problem, for us Moldovans, therefore this book will leave you a bitter taste of  helplessness.


7. "Animal farm"-George Orwell

"All animals are equal,  but some animals are more equal than others"- this is the main idea of the book. It is an allegorical novel, where people are being replaced by animals. It is funny and dramatic at the same time!


8. "Ritorno a Berlino" - Verna B. Carleton

People whose life have been touched by war would never be the same, especially when they are against the idea of fighting. This story is not about the war itself, but about the  life after war and how people try to forget this nightmare.

9. "I have a dream" - Martin Luther King

Although I've learned about him in school,  I never read  a book about him. So this year i found it at the library, and i knew it should be wonderful. It has a strong message and you will never see the world with the same eyes. In case  you do not  have time to read the whole book you can read some of M.L. King's speeches, they are very strong!!

Well, these are the books which have impressed me this year.  I hope that next year my list will be longer :) I wish you all the best! May all of your dreams come true! 




Love,
Alina.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did you know that? Italy

Letter to Oliver

Tips on how to improve your English