The truth about being married to a chef

Dear friends,

           February is here, and this month we celebrate LOVE❤. I believe that we should not need a reason to celebrate it, and surely we don't have to wait an entire year in order to express our feelings to our loved ones. However, today i will write a post about my dear husband, not to tell him about my love, but to tell you about him 👯

            Besides being a GREAT man, he is also an excellent chef. And i am so very proud of him. I know,  people would say now "this woman probably does not even know how to cook". In fact, many of my friends think that the life with a chef must be a "fairy tale". Sure it is!  But not always!
Of course, i consider myself lucky, not only because of his job, but because he is the way he is - unique! However, the fact that he can cook is an advantage!

            So, in my support, i want to mention that i CAN cook, and i do it with a great pleasure, and very soon i would like to share with you some of the recipes i have tried.

            The main idea of this post is to point out some PROs and CONs of having a chef in the house. And if there is someone who can add something to the list, please join, it will be more fun.

Here we go:
PROs:
- I don't have to waste time looking for recipes on Google, and don’t have to go to cooking classes. I can always organize them at home 😊

- I am more motivated to try new products and new recipes in order to surprise him;

- Eating out together is never boring. He can tell me what dish i should try and explain me how it's made. We usually comment on the food together and say what we do or do not like. It is so much fun!


- He also knows a lot about wines, and we often have a glass of good wine at dinner;

- We visit many local fairs and markets, and we look for delicious cheese, salami, mushrooms or bread;

Alba Truffle Show 2017

-Whenever i feel bad or i am not in a "cooking" mood, he is my life saver. He accepts to substitute me in the kitchen, and even do the dishes.



CONs:

- He likes to eat well, so i cannot always get away with some fried fries or salads :) i spend lot of time on thinking what to cook for dinner. Trust me, it is not easy to impress him;

- Do you know that pretty uniform that any chef wears? Well, now imagine how it looks after a crazy day at work. Guess who has to clean and iron it?!

- Whenever he cooks, our kitchen looks like a battlefield 😏 there are a lot of dirty dishes. It's a good thing i don't mind washing the dishes.


            But despite everything, i think it does not matter what job he does, it's his attitude towards me that matters. I am glad that we have enough reasons to celebrate our love every day, not only in February! And i appreciate every little thing he does for me.


            So, my dear friends, i wish you and your loved ones all the best. May you love and respect each other every day!!!

           Until the next post,
           Alina


Our 1st dinner  





PS: unfortunately i did not find any picture of him in his chef uniform 😁 so I’ve attached some of our pictures together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did you know that? Italy

Letter to Oliver

Tips on how to improve your English