1st month of MOTHERHOOD

Hello there,

A month is not such a big deal - someone would say. But for me it is a VERY BIG DEAL, since it is our baby boy we are talking about. I cannot believe that one month is already gone, I really wish i could stop the time for a while, so i could enjoy more his sweetness. I cannot believe that a couple of months ago I was waiting for him but I had no idea about babies and how to take care of them (I am still not much of an expert, but i am learning).

During a month i have discovered a lot of things, about babies, motherhood and parenthood in general. People say that your life changes totally when babies appear, and i can agree with them now. Here are some changes that have happened in our lives during one month:

- The nights when we could sleep for 8-9 hours without any interruption are gone, too bad i could not sleep more before;

- Breastfeeding is not always roses and butterflies in your stomach (as they describe it in books, DO NOT believe the books), the first days are just sad and painful, but it is not as bad if you get used to it;

- Our washing machine never stops working, as we have to change clothes a couple of times per day;

- I often drink my tea cold, because the baby decides he needs to be changed/fed/cuddled in that same moment when i really need a HOT (at least warm) tea, but his plans are more important than mine;


- I had to forget about my hobbies for a while. I barely find time to read some pages every day;

- When we want to go out, i need an extra hour to get myself and the baby ready, and besides that we cannot go out without the most famous "diapers bag"

- Our house is full of baby clothes, toys, and other kind of accessories;

-We have already forgotten about watching movies before going to bed, we are just too tired for that;

-  The baths longer that 15 minutes are forbidden 😃

- I cannot eat so many things, it is worse than pregnancy, i have a long list of the things I cannot even smell

- I don't have time to cook anymore, and this is not necessary a bad thing 😈

- We can spend hours and hours watching him and waiting to see him smile

-We are never bored anymore

-We discover each other as parents, and this is a wonderful thing. Now i see my husband from a different point of view, and honestly, I love him even more!


Nobody said it would be easy, but it is worth every sleepless hour, every uneaten lunch or every party that you cannot attend anymore. Having a baby is such a joy, and I say it now, after a month. Let's see  my impressions  in a month from now 😊. I will definitely come back with an update on this topic.

Unfortunately we have decided not to post any pictures of our Baby Oliver for now, so I will show him to you later on. Until then, i am going back to my motherhood duties.


Take care,

Alina.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did you know that? Italy

Letter to Oliver

Tips on how to improve your English