On motherhood

Motherhood has its ups and downs and I have briefly described some of them in my previous posts. The interesting thing is that the more time passes the more experience I gain and it brings more joy. Now I can say that there are definitiley more ups than downs.


Having a baby means not only changing your daily schedule but also changing your lifestyle and the way you see life in general. I try to put myself in his shoes and see the world with his eyes. As a result I started to notice things which  did not have much importance for me before. I find myself staring at every cat or dog I see on the street. Or I often look for  birds in the sky so that i could show them to Oliver. We spend more time playing outside. We sing. We dance. We make crazy faces and we smile in a very silly way. I didn't know there was so much craziness inside me. I get to discover myself all over again! I actually discover the world. A completely new world!

I knew that parenthood was beautiful. Now I convince myself of that even more. Because you can never know its real value until you feel it. Having a little human around makes you more sensitive, more carefull, more gentle and more organized.

The best thing to do with a baby is to DISCOVER. There is always a first time: first smile, first step, first kiss, first hug, first meal, first trip, first walk on the beach.... And the list can continue. It is a tremendous feeling and I still cannot believe I am living it. I hope that by the time he turns 18 i will get used to it :D
I will keep coming with updates regarding motherhood as the time passes.

Alina






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did you know that? Italy

Letter to Oliver

Tips on how to improve your English