My little bit of heaven

We all have a place which warms our hearts. The one  where our thoughts and feelings find peace, and nothing in the world can disturb it!!! It can be only a corner of a garden, a beach, a bench in the park, something special for you and only you, somewhere you want to return over and over again.

I have a couple of them, in different countries. These are places where i can feel alive, where i find the courage  to dream ( dream big).There I have this lovely thought that i can do anything and all my dreams can come true.

Today i will tell you about La Morra, a small comune in the Province of Cuneo (Piemonte). Although it is not very famous for the world, it is an incredibly peaceful place which is surrounded by vineyards. And a lot of tourists come there every year in order to try the local goodies. I feel very attracted to that place, and that's why i usually call it my peace of heaven. It is a tradition for me to take pictures at the "Belvedere" of La Morra, the place where you can admire the Langa (Le Langhe) of Piemonte and all the cities near it. ( I have pretty big collection by now :) ) Langa is the name given to a hilly area which is very rich in vineyards, cheeses and truffles. An area which seems endless when admired from the Belvedere. It is as charming being all green in summer as it is all covered in snow during winter.

As I walk around the city, I always have the urge to go back in time, to see how did everything looked back then. Amazing colourful houses, narrow old streets, nice and gentle people, everything seems more like a movie than reality. Well, because i feel so comfortable there, i often think about having my own house there, on a hill, somewhere in the middle of the vineyards ( daring dream huh?)  so i could enjoy this atmosphere. Who knows, maybe one day my dream will come true? ^_^


If you happen to be in Piemonte, then you must go to La Morra and discover this place for yourself. Here are some things you should do if you go there:
                    - Try a glass of wine ( the variety of local vines can stun you, i however recommend Barolo wines)
                    - Eat an ice-cream if it is summer :) The italian gelatos are so yummy, they are never  a bad idea
                   - Drive through Langa, the view will surprize you
                   - Find the Belvedere of La Morra, you will certainly like it
                   - Eat a dish with truffles ( Attention: this delight is not a cheap one)

                 
Personally, I would choose to have a glass of white wine with my friends. There is nothing better than that!!!

So now that you have read about my little peace of heaven, i would like to know what is yours? What place makes you happy?

Yours,

A.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did you know that? Italy

Letter to Oliver

Tips on how to improve your English