Back to Moldova - our 1st trip in 3


Hello everyone,

I am sorry I’ve forgotten about blogging for a while. I am trying to spend all my time with baby Oliver. Sometimes I don't have another choice 😉. Babies do need a lot of care and attention.

So today i want to share with you my impressions about our first big trip together. I was telling you in one of my previous posts that we were about to take the plane very soon, so we did. We went in Moldova for a couple of weeks, and it was a vacation we really looked forward to for so many reasons. The most important reason was introducing our new family member to the others.

I must admit that the trips before were so much easier. I had to take care only about myself and my stuff. I could rest well the night before the flight, and reach my destination without too much trouble. ( Oh good old days :) ) This time it was so different! First of all, I had to pack more things : baby clothes, toys, blankets, medicine for emergencies and so on. Then i was worrying all the time. I really didn't know what to expect from Oliver. It was his first time on a plane, and his first visit to Moldova as well.  We all know that babies are very sensible when it comes to changes. However, to our greatest delight, he was such a good boy. I think he even enjoyed the flight. Luckily for us we got seats by the window, so we could show him the amazing view from time to time. I think this boy is going to be a traveler!

The weeks we spent in Moldova were really nice. The weather was more than friendly. I was not expecting such a heat, although it was the beginning of June. I shouldn't have packed so many warm clothes. ( But like always i was too worried not to freeze). We visited our relatives and friends and of course organized dinners at our place as well. God knows, I am trying to become a housewife, but it will take some time until then :). The most interesting thing was meeting the people i have heard so many things about, but never had the occasion to meet.

My little cousins
It was very surprising to discover that our native city changed so much. In fact, every time we go there it looks better and better. Unfortunately, there are less and less people. That's a very sad truth about our country. We all hope for better days, but they somehow never come. Despite this upsetting news, there were so many news to be happy about: graduations, new engagements, and weddings, and of course babies on their way. It is incredible! I still cannot believe that I and my friends are already grown-ups and that all these things are happening to us. Luckily we are still close, and we can share these happy events!

There was only one thing that upset me - the fact that our vacation had an end. It just felt great to be home, to be able to go wherever i want without needing a car. Although i hated it before, i even enjoyed riding the bus ( the excitement didn't last for long :) ). I actually missed our traditional market, where you can find any fruit and vegetables. It was great to be back to my old life, even though it was just for an instance.

I am sure that the next time we go to Moldova, it will be even more interesting. Baby Oliver will be bigger and more curious. I cannot wait to show him my world! We just have to wait a little!!!

It was such a great idea to write here about our trip. Now I went back for a couple of minutes, and relived those 2 weeks. Too bad they were only 2 weeks. I will leave here some pictures. We took a lot of pictures, but not all of them are blogging material :)

 
#manoleteam









I wish you a great weekend,

Enjoy the beautiful and hot summer!



XOXO

Alina

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did you know that? Italy

Letter to Oliver

Tips on how to improve your English