11 baby shower gift ideas

Hello there,
Please excuse my silence, but I prefer to write only when I have something to tell you.

I have been thinking about this post for a while as I was often confused on what gifts to choose for a newborn baby.

When I was younger I had no idea what presents could I give to a new mom. I have always limited myself to clothes for the baby, which is not a very bad idea. However, it is very common and it surely will not surprise your mom friend. It turns out that clothes are not always very practical, because the baby is growing up way too fast. And there are so many other things which could really be more useful and more impressive.

I have prepared a  list of interesting gifts which can be a very good surprise. I need to mention that this list is 100% based on my  motherhood experience. I  included some things i had received and some that we needed and we bought  ourselves.

1. Diapers
I know this might be weird, but instead of buying something " just for the sake of buying", give the new parents some diapers because they will always find their use. But, attention! Make sure you chose the right size.

2. Blanket
There are never too many blankets. Especially if they are cute :) If you want to make your present even more adorable, you can choose a personalized blanket with embroidered initials or name.

3. Bed sheets and bath towels
It might not be very "inspired" but they are really useful stuff. We have received them as a gift and we loved them a lot.

4. Room decorations
There are so many beautiful and interesting ideas on the internet. You can help the future mommy decorate the baby's room. It is going to be a sweet thing to remember after years.

5. Books
Of course, the new born baby is not going to appreciate the gift at the moment. But it is a present that will accompany the baby in time. I am sure that in a couple of years from their birth they will simply adore the fairy tales books that their auntie gave them. Besides that, the doctors recommend lecture hours with the baby from a very early age, therefore you can inspire your friend to start reading to the baby as soon as possible.



6. Personalized memories box
I have seen some examples on the internet and I fell inlove. Now I need to wait until one of my friend gets pregnant so I could order them :) .

7. Photo albums or frames
Is there anything more important than the memories we create? Of course not!

8. Family t-shirts or hoodies
This is a cute idea if you know their sizes. I am sure they will appreciate this.

9. Newborn photoshoot
Going back to the memories discussion. This is a great idea and nobody will probably expect it. You will surprise your friend for sure.

10. Giftcards
God bless the people who have invented the giftcards. This is the easiest gift to choose. The perfect solution when you don't have too much time for shopping. Choose a giftcard from a store and you are done. Your friend will do the rest!

11. Toys
Toys are always a good idea. But make sure that you choose a safe toy. My suggestion is to choose a qualitative, interesting and educative toy.  Don't worry about the age written on the box, the parents can put the toy apart and take it out on the right time. That's what I do.However,for the first year I recommend the rattles.The babies seem to like them a lot. You can also go for  a stuffed toy. Although the doctors say they are dust-catchers these toys are too cute and could be used as room decoration!


Well, this is my list! I am very curious to know if you have anything to add. Write me in case you do. Remember that the most important gift that you can offer is SUPPORT and UNDERSTANDING. A baby is a very big change in a woman's life and she needs a lot of attention and encouragement. And you could also take your friend out for an hour or two,  I am sure she will be grateful for a break!

With love,

Alina.





EMBROIDERIES are sweet long-term gifts







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did you know that? Italy

Letter to Oliver

Tips on how to improve your English