My wonderland

Once a month I go to the library. Unfortunately I cannot go there more often, because the speed of my reading is rather slow lately. However, I love the world i find there between thousand of books.

I insist on going there by myself because I get to be alone half an hour. And the time stops for a while.  There i am not a wife or a mother. There I am a girl who is looking for something to read. Everyone around me are equal and there is nobody better or worse.

I never plan the books I borrow because there is something special about the unknown. I try to recognize the names of authors and books. I try to decide what to read.  I often have some inside battles. And then I end up with 2 or even 3 books to take home.

I have not seen many libraries in my life ( maybe only 10 of them). But they have the same smell of books, and they equally tempt you to read.  You surely cannot resist to this!

It is the place where I meditate. I discover. I  daydream sometimes. It is the corner where I am being MYSELF, and I am dependent of this feeling.

Once a month I go to wonderland! And frankly I go there alone!

Do you like to go to the library?

Alina


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did you know that? Italy

Letter to Oliver

Tips on how to improve your English