2 years of Motherhood

Hello there,

I am back after a long pause and today I have a special post. I have told you that I will continue writing about my motherhood experience. I wrote something last year, and now I am ready to continue the tradition. Let's see if the things have changed :) .

Can you believe it? 2 years!? When did that happen? I still watch him while he sleeps and ask myself silently if this is real. And it is! More than real! The second year of motherhood wasn't as easy as the first one. I am being honest. People used to tell me the first year is usually the most difficult one. It was not our case. If he would sleep for hours as a newborn, now he requests a lot of attention all day long. And this is not necessarily a bad thing. I need to he very creative and invent new games. But usually Oliver comes up with his games and toys. I just go along with this, and we are having  a great time.

There are good and bad days. And i am not always ready for the bad ones. Of course, babies don't always do what the parents want. And this is OK! However,  I often question myself if i am a good mother? What if I cannot always understand what he wants? I am sure all mothers do this. But trust me, nobody understands and feels the baby the way you do! I am sure that if i don't get the answer today i will have it tomorrow!

After another year of motherhood, i have to confess that we as parents have changed too. We were focused on the baby before, but now we are foccused even more. Our love for him and for each other has increased. We are not just a Family. We are a Team. We like spending more time together.  We've learned Oliver's habits and behaviour. We know when we can take him out, and when it's better to stay home.We know the places he likes to visit. And we are also aware of the places we need to avoid (parents will understand :D) We often avoid toys sections in the stores. We know what he likes to eat, and fortunately he eats basicaly everything we cook for him. We try to entertain him as much as posible. And this also requires a lot of ENERGY.  Yes, energy (after LOVE) is the 2nd key word of my motherhood experience.

I think i should write a whole paragraph about patience. Oh PATIENCE!!! I knew i was patient, but didn't think i was THAT patient. You do need to keep calm while explaining to a crying baby why he cannot do this, or why he cannot go there. However my patience does have an end. And my resolution for the next year is to manage better my anger. Do you have any advice?

And there is another problem: I am always tired. Although i don't show it, i lack sleep. And i don't even remember the last time I slept in peace. How should we, parents recharge our batteries? Maybe we need a good nap, or a chocolate with some warm tee? Or maybe we need a night out with our friends? Trust me, all of the above works very well!!!! I also think that shopping helps a lot :D too bad i cannot do it often.

So how can I conclude this post? It was a dificult year? Maybe. I am not going to lie. But it was also one of the best years of my life. I could see my baby's first steps. I could hear his first words. Every morning has started with kisses and hugs. And this to me, has no price. There is nothing more rewarding that seeing your little human grow. There is nothing more wonderful than seeing him making friends. I love being a Mother. I love being Oliver's Mom. And I thank God every day for this blessing. I promise myself and him that i will do my best. And i cannot wait to see what will I write next year, after another year of motherhood!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did you know that? Italy

Letter to Oliver

Tips on how to improve your English