Last get away for 2017


My dear friends,

I am so thankful for your good thoughts and good wishes . It is such a pleasure to know that you appreciate my posts. Thank you for your support!


Now I have bad news! The holidays season is over and we have to say good bye to our lively Christmas trees and lights. Why don't we have an "REPEAT" button so we can press it anytime we want to go back in time?

Well, the good news is that today i will write about a wonderful place which we have visited last December - Saint Paul de Vence in France.
People who know me and my husband well, are already aware of the fact that we like to "escape" from the routine. And once in a while we organize some romantic or adventurous get aways.  Unfortunately we seldom visit other countries, but we visit different  cities and regions near us. One of the greatest advantage of living in Piedmont, is the fact that French Riviera is very close, so in just a couple of hours you can be in Nice, Cannes or Monte Carlo. We are in love with France and French language, although we speak it poorly. Every time we go there we love it even more! God, I wish speaking different languages was my special power!

So anyways, back to the subject, we've been willing to see Saint Paul de Vence for a while, but it never seemed the right moment to do it. Therefore, last December we've decided that we deserve a break, especially with the baby coming soon. We said Now or Never, and we were so glad we did!


Saint Paul de Vence is a small village situated on a hill of Provence, very close to Nice. Its unique position offers an incredible view - from one side the mountains and from the other one the sea. What could be better? Although it was late December the weather was incredible! It was probably the warmest December day of my life (15°C). We basically left the snowy winter in Italy and enjoyed the French spring 😊😊😊.

I don't think i have enough words to describe that village; not even pictures could express its beauty. Besides the narrow old streets with small houses, the thing that has impressed me the most was the abundance of art galleries which we have seen there.  Honestly i haven't seen yet more paintings, pictures and sculptures concentrated in such a small place. Basically you could find a gallery or shop at every corner. What can I say, you breath art and history there! And we liked it very much, especially during December, when everything was decorated and there were Christmas lights everywhere! We've done some walking during that day 😊😊😊

Surprisingly the prices there are affordable. You can eat and have yummy snacks at good prices. Moreover, you can also do shopping, because there are stores for all types of income. I was too busy wandering around, therefore the only thing I’ve bought was a magnet for our collection. Well, maybe next time I buy something more 💛
In the end,I have to mention once again that we were really impressed and we would love to go there in summer. It must be wonderful to walk the streets of Saint Paul de Vence and admire all the trees and plants in blossom. If we ever go back, I will let you know for sure!

So, dear friends, i will leave some pictures as a testimony of my words. I hope that one day you will see this special place with your eyes!


I wish you all the best,
Alina



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did you know that? Italy

Letter to Oliver

Tips on how to improve your English