Pastry Love

Dear friends,

In one of my previous posts i was talking about food and i promised to post some recipes that i like. Therefore today i will share the recipe of one of my favorite pies - Berries Pie.

I have to confess that before getting married i seldom cooked or baked. Although my head was full of ideas, i never had the time and desire to do it. Well, the things changed after the wedding, and i started to try so many new recipes. The things got really serious when i found out i was pregnant. I don't know why, but i suddenly discovered my love for pastry, or as they call it in Italian "pasticceria". I became baking wonderful desserts (not too sophisticated though, I am not that good yet ) and i was so proud of the results. Even my husband was surprised, so i didn't need any other motivation to keep going.

So, let's get back to business. Here are the ingredients that you need for a delicious Berries Pie:

- 4 eggs
- 200g sugar
- 250g ricotta cheese 
- baking powder
- 150g flour
- 50g butter 
- berries 
- nuts (optional) 

What i like about this recipe is that it is very easy, you don't have to spend a couple of hours in the kitchen on order to bake this pie. Here are the steps that you need to follow:

1. Mix the sugar with the eggs yolks;
2. Add the butter. It should be previously melted;
3. Add the ricotta, flour, baking powder;
4. Beat the eggs whites until they become like foam, and add them to the dough;
5. Add the berries* and the nuts;
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes at 180०. If you are not sure,  do the toothpick test;
7. Decorate it as you like.
    *You can easily change the berries with other fruits that you like. I have tried adding apples, pears and even pumpkin and the pie was perfect!

This is a very tasty dessert and i bake it almost every week, I only change the fruit. Don't hesitate to try it too, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask me, i would love to help you!!! I am sorry if my picture is not too professional, i really need to work on my "taking pictures" ability. There is still plenty of time!!!




Have a great week, and enjoy the pie!

Love,

Alina

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did you know that? Italy

Letter to Oliver

Tips on how to improve your English