Autumn reflections

Dear friends,

It is November, and it is raining cats and dogs here in Italy. While we are warm and cosy at home, there are lots of people who are not that privileged. Unfortunately! But my post will not be about this. I have planned to write about autumn in general.

I must confess that when i was younger i hated autumn. It seemed too gloomy, and God knows the autumns in Moldova - too moody. I know that some of you will understand. But again, my post is not about this.

The thing that i wanted to point out is the way my attitude towards things has changed in time. Now i see autumn like something beautiful. I have time to stop and look around. I notice the trees which turn slowly from green to yellow or red. I enjoy the fact that we have to change clothes and shoes (a thing that i hated before). I even love the rain, which often ruins our plans. But as long as we don't have anything important to do we can stay home and watch the rain washing the pavement. I love the silence, which is very specific in autumn. The forest is silent and the mountains become more and more colored, and at the end they remain white.

Honestly, I owe all these changes to Oliver. Having a baby around helps you see  the little things. It is his first autumn and we are very excited to show him everything. We often go for walks in the mountains. One day we even took him for a walk in French Alps (which are very close to us). It was an interesting trip. Baby Oliver was really happy for 2 things: it was his 1st time wearing boots, and 1st time being in France. Those moments were priceless.

I am not sure how this November will end. And I definitely don't know what waits for us in December. One thing I know for sure: it was the most beautiful autumn in my life!

Enjoy the little things,

Alina










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did you know that? Italy

Letter to Oliver

Tips on how to improve your English