Adulthood... Already?!

Dear friends,

Let's talk about adulthood. When does it begin and what does it mean? Appearently, if you google the word "adulthood" you will find out that until 25 you are still a young person. Yay! So I have a couple months left until everything gets official.

I somehow believed that reaching adulthood means moving out from your parents house, getting married or having a baby. This changes mights help you  become an adult in a very short time. But it is not always like that!

It is weird, but i still cannot believe that from being a child I have turned into having a child. Time passes by just too fast, and i need to understand and accept this.

So when I was a kid, adulthood seemed so far away. It was so mysterious and full of freedoms.  I was and remain to be a dreamer. And i saw my twenties in a different way. Not saying it is bad now, but it is a little different. I believed adulthood meant endless trips around the world, a lot of friends, an interesting job and meeting your family every weekend or at least on the holidays. In reality, I don't travel that much, and I have a few good friends left. I am still looking for that interesting job and I get to see my parents twice a year. Maybe I need to revise my priorities and change something. Yes! Because adulthood is not always only obligations, bills to pay or other errands to run. It is also the age of possibilities. When the things that don't work should be fixed not thrown away. It is the time you can try as many new things as possible and not care about what others would think. We are not in high school anymore! Everyone thinks of himself anyway!


So here is   a thing I really hate - the aging of the people I love. Unfortunatelly, adulthood is also about losses, and I really don't know how to accept this. I guess this thing should be learnt in time.

On the other hand, there are so many things I enjoy! I love being the one who decides what to have for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I like that I can stay up late without any remorse. I can buy sweets without asking for permission :) I can clean or not clean the house whenever I feel to do it. Shortly, I am writing the rules now, and this is great.

But despite this "incredible freedom" I wish I could go back at least for 24 hours to see my childhood, to see my grandparents and to enjoy the school routine.

Since this is impossible, let's enjoy the life we have. The advice for me and maybe for you too is to live everyday at the highest intensity possible, because it will never repeat. Spend more time with your family. Don't waste it on people who won't be near you in 10 years from now. Don't look for excuses when you do something wrong, just try to do it better next time. Just be yourself! The years are just a number, and you can decide yourself either you are a young person, an adult or a grown up.

Sincerely,
Me


when I was 16



24


17



18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did you know that? Italy

Letter to Oliver

Tips on how to improve your English