My review for "Gone with the Wind" by Margaret Mitchell

 My dear friends, 

It is no secret that I am a very big fan of the novel "Gone with the Wind" written by Margaret Mitchell. I have recently ready it again and I was excited to share my thoughts with you. I don't even remeber where did my interest for this book came from. I just know that its title seemed so romantic and misterious to me that I had to absolutely read it. It was one of the few times when I started reading something without doing any previous research. And I was impressed! 

I fell inlove with this novel. It has everything a young girl could wish for: a love story, many interesting facts, some drama ...  and a lot of suspese. Margaret Mitchell is a great writer, no wonder the book has became so famous and so loved all over the world. 

The interesting thing about GWTW is that its main character (Scarlett) is not a positive one as we are used to see in most of the books. She has a combination of good and bad qualities. In my opinion, there are more bad traits than the good ones. But hey, sometimes being bad helps a lot! However, i cannot agree with every Scarlett's choice and believe, we are just too different.

Despite everything, I think that Mitchell did a great job on creating her characters. There is a great variety of qualities hiden in all of them. There is love, kindness, empaty and honesty in Melanie. There is courage and determination in Scarlett. And of course, there  is rebellion,  intelligence and practicity in Rhett. Everyone could find something usefull for himself in this novel. 

And for those, who like me, hated the ending, there is another book for you. The sequel to GWTW is "Scarlett" by Alexandra Ripley. The book's style is a little different from the original, although it continues from where M. Mitchell has left the story. The characters of Ripley are contrasting with the original ones. She has imagined them more mature, but somehow too different from what they used to be. There were some details in "Scarlett" which seemed boring to me. But it was a good book anyway. I was just too happy to finally find out how the twisted love story of Rhett and Scarlett ended. Too bad this novel had to end as well 😀. I just cannot get enough of their love-hate relationship.

Well, what I actually wanted to tell you today Is that  re-reading some books is very important to a passionate reader. Not only because you can find things you haven't noticed at first. But because, this way you can percieve the level of your personal development. For instance, there could be things you will understand better at 30 years rather than when you are 18. It happened to me now. I have read the story of Scarlett differently now. Because I am more mature, and because I am married with a child. Now I understand why did Rhett leave at the end of the book. I am sure that the book just could not have a happy end. And most importantly, now I can agree on the fact that a friendship, a love story, a life and an entire civilisation could be easily be "Gone with the Wind". 


The end! I just had to write this and take the book out of my system 😀 thank you for your patience,


Love, Alina ❤️




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did you know that? Italy

Letter to Oliver

Tips on how to improve your English